7/3/12

Let's Close One Whore House at a Time

I have only been back in Jakarta for about a year...

My aunts and Mom have been living here for the past 50 something years of their lives...

Yet, I can spot numerous "spas" (with happy or super happy endings) by looking at the exteriors of the buildings or shops.

Don't get me wrong, I don't frequent such places!
So, how did I acquire my whore-house spotting skills???
Ironically, it was my love for good clean Javanese massage and blackberry! When I first came back from the States, I was excited when I saw so many spas mushroomed around the Jakarta Selatan neighborhood. A spa massage with a good shiatsu master will cost me about 100USD per hour in the U.S. but here, it will cost me Rp.200,000-300,000 (20-30USD) per hour!
With 100USD, you could probably get an Indonesian whore to do anything for u... I think 50USD would probably be enough actually? Sigh...
And I should probably stop calling these women whores, they are called WTS in Indonesia, acronym for Wanita Tuna Susila - Woman who is handicapped of morales

In the past, whenever I saw a new spa, I just walked in and asked how much does scrub+massage cost... I did that a few times until one day, I went to a spa, paid for an hour scrub+massage. The room turned out to be dirty, dark, smelly! The onwards, I decided to do my research first before trying anything new! Now I use my blackberry to google the spa's reviews before walking into one...
Within the past year, I drove past a many new curious-looking "spas" [ "Delta", "My Place", few more... ] and googled them to make sure they're not dirty, dark, or smelly... OH BOY! They are actually whore houses (for men clientele only).

Here are few of the curious & seemingly harmless logos of these "spas":



THERE WAS EVEN A DELTA SPA FOR MEN, SMACKED RIGHT NEXT TO A MOSQUE in my neighborhood. I'm going to take a picture of it sometime soon and post it on this blog or maybe send it to a non-corrupted newspaper company in Indonesia.

My family was not aware of this whore house existence in my neighborhood and I chose to keep quiet about it because there are just too many in Jakarta! Plus, I don't really want to destroy my parents' idea of Jakarta being the ideal hometown (tsk! I never thought so and will not think so until this city is less corrupted, and all these whore house, gambling den craps are all burnt down to the ground)
My parents who are so traditional, old-fashioned, and think the world is a better place with each generation is oblivious to it despite having to pass this DELTA SPA whore house every morning.

But their "innocence" didn't last that long...

My aunt who came visiting us was very annoyed by the traffic near my neighborhood. She is one clever lady... She noticed there's this SPA that's smacked in between the small road she's stucked in and the big road which will lead her home. Hence, she asked her driver to go through the SPA (DELTA SPA) for a short cut. The security of Delta Spa asked the driver to lower the windows... when the security saw my aunt, he told the driver "no women allowed, men only." When my aunt told me the story, I was rather surprised. How dare the security say that to my aunt? My aunt is not a politician but she is extremely well-connected to powerful women and politicians. Plus, this Delta Spa is smacked in the corner of a very prestigious neighborhood. Ohyes, you may think perhaps the men from these neighborhood frequent these places; though I really doubt it because I think philandering men will fool around further from their homes to cover their tracks from their family members...

My aunt told my Mom about it today and my Mom was shocked. I almost laughed when I saw her face because I recalled her telling me "Let's check Delta Spa someday" when we past it few months ago and I just laughed in my heart. Today, she discovered the so-called spa we've been driving past for the past year is a FREAKING WHORE HOUSE! hahaha... I could tell my Mom was terribly shocked by it. She told me in her younger years, you can only find such places (whore houses or masseurs with happy endings, or ktv with whores) in chinatown area in Jakarta. Today, you can find it in many many neighborhoods. For instance, the corner of luxe Mega Kuningan neighborhood, across citywalk near Sudirman CBD aea, behind the prestigious Senayan Residence area, in the shophouses of Wijaya Center which is next to the elite Dharmawangsa, the expensive Permata Hijau area, etc etc. I think THEY ARE ATTACKING WITH FULL FORCE and using MARKETING STRATEGY LIKE STARBUCKS. Scary?

She told me over dinner today that she is planning to file a petition (using the help of our company's legal of course) to close the whore house under the disguise of "Delta Spa" near our neighbourhood. I am hoping (and praying) that this petition will be successful... I am 50% confident because:
1) the Jakarta governor election is around the corner and politicians usually want to make sure such things are addressed clearly.
2) the whore house is located next to a mosque!!! and there are Muslim elementary + high schools attached to the mosque @___@
3) I think the owner is a Chinese (I am not against the Chinese race, I am of Chinese descent myself. I simply loathe these immoral unethical businessmen who open places like this Delta spa crap)... Chinese vs. Mosque in the world's most populated Muslim country? If they don't close this Delta Spa, it just confirms how corrupted the Indonesian government really is! Maybe the government officials actually frequent this particular Delta Spa (uh..oh...)

WISH MY MOM AND THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT SOME LUCK!

Someday... Jakarta will get one extra brownie point for being a moral city...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Hope, I simply love your blogs. They are honest, direct and impartial. Just wondering if the petition was successful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ever been in indonesia too, Ya thats true, Indonesia goverment so corrupted. No doubt...

    ReplyDelete